Logo Research

I want the game’s genre to by a hybrid of horror and cyberpunk. The logo for the game needs to reflect this and the general atmosphere of the game. I’ve research logo’s for horror games such as Until Dawn and The Evil Within  as well  as Cyberpunk and noir related games. I’ve noticed that a lot of logos for horror games use letters with harsh edges and usually have a block color highly contrasting the background e.g. white on black background. Even though this makes for an efficient logo which can be applied in many different situations I find it plain and boring. The other games such as Void and Meddler and Neon Struct use neon-like fonts with a glow effect and bright colors. The Wolf Among Us, even thought not being a neon-like font, also uses a bright magenta color. I like the idea of a neon font or a neon-like sign for the logo for my game especially since neon is associated with the cyberpunk genre. I especially got inspired by the Void and Meddler logo because of it’s club-like feel and complex bend lettering. The bright colors also appeal to me, even pink which I originally didn’t want to include as normally it’s not associated with a horror genre. This has inspired me to research actual neon signs. I especially like the trashy neon signs one can find at a corner sex shop. I feel it represents the feel of my game because of it’s raw and decaying look, like an abandonment tattoo parlor or in my case a barber shop specializing in exorcism. From the research I have conducted I imagine my logo to be like a neon sign with the tubes being broken up allowing the liquid to spill out and creating a feel of dripping blood. I’m not sure about the color I would like to use yet. Red seems like an obvious choice if i want the neon liquid to be reminiscent of blood however I do like the aesthetic of a trashy bright pink neon sign with dirt and cracks all over it.

Game Logo Examples:

Picture1

Neon Signs:

Picture2

Bibliography:

I found all of the above images through google image search.

I research games through Steamhttp://store.steampowered.com/